Here is a list of the most recent updates to AB Press Optimizer. We’re improving the software with updates, improvements and new features. If you have a feature request or suggestion please Contact Us.
v2.1.0 (January 11, 2018)
- Now you can create and test variations of full pages and posts!
v2.0.1 (October 14, 2016)
- Added support for more hosting platforms with caching: WP Engine.
- Added support for more caching plugins: W3 Total Cache.
- Fixed an issue related to paging experiments.
- Added support for using Unicode characters in variation names.
v2.0.0 (September 7, 2016)
- 4x-5x performance improvements when running experiments.
- Improved cache support, cookie-based key support added for advanced caches like Varnish.
- Rewritten experiment engine to accommodate new experiment types coming in future releases.
- Fixed issues related to the “Click event” experiment type.
- Added option to adjust session expiration time. This helps reduce database load on high traffic websites.
- Default session expiry time lowered from 45 to 30 days.
- Fixed bug with title experiment session objects.
- Added support for demo mode.
- Made it easier to see variation values on experiment details page (just click the variation name)
- Fixed a bug with new Title Experiments feature on older versions of WordPress (3.0 – 3.3)
- New Feature: Title experiments! You can now test post & page titles.
- Updated documentation to include notes about the new Post Title experiment type.
- Rebuilt the way variations are created to be more obvious and less error prone.
- Bugfix: Images are no longer deleted when creating/editing variations in a certain order.
- Greatly simplified the code for outputting variation content.
- Integrated WP_Session to manage session data properly. This removes the old cookie approach which did not work on cached websites.
- Bugfix: More complex HTML can now be part of variations without breaking or missing tags/attributes.
- More comprehensive checking of user-agents added.
- New experiment tour updated to reflect page redesign.
- Complete refactor of code to allow more improved future updates.
- Extra statistics are now stored about visitors viewing your tests.
- New feature: Detailed Statistics. Various new charts detailing visitors and conversion data about your experiments.
- Added delete experiment confirmation dialog.
- Various UI tweaks and improvements.
- Added documentation about new statistics feature.
- Bugfix: Changing experiment status now works as expected.
- Added new documentation
- Added contextual help
- Added step by step tour guide on new experiment page
- More documentation and usability updates to come soon!
For older changes, please contact support and we’ll be happy to give you more information.